Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Ballin

April 9, 2017

Spring Ballin out here! Seven baptisms in the last two weeks has been the highlight!

So many things have happened here from seeing car crashes right before my eyes to watching my Companion fall out of a bus (he is fine) but 2 funny experiences are following.

This week we had a big Missionary meeting. Following, my companion and another set of missionaries wanted to get lunch at "Punjagutta" - one of the few restaurants in the city of 7 million that sells beef! We hopped in a Sharing Uber Van that holds like 15 people.  While traveling in the front row bench next to the driver, Elder Bhaskar, my friend, asked to play some music from his usb drive. The driver  accepted and out blasted from the Speakers "Welcome to Women's Session of the April 2017 General Conference" all these random Indians just listened to women's conference with us - It was great!

The second and even more unique expereince is at church this week I witnessed a deaf battle. Yes exactly as it sounds. 2 deaf guys came to church and for reasons unknown they hated each other. Back and forth they were taking me off telling me through hand gestures and grunts to not speak with the other deaf guy because he is crazy. At one point the signing and grunts got so heated we had to separate these two agitated speechless men. Regardless, the Sabbath was saved!   We had the baptism of another Chadalavada family! 

Transfers are this week I am praying to Heavenly Father that I don't have to stay in this ward it will be 10 months here, I am ready for a change and see more of India. God bless all of you!

Love,

Elder Erasmus




No comments:

Post a Comment