Wednesday, April 26, 2017

1st week in Rajahmundry

Well miracles do happen I have finally been transferred from Hyderabad to Rajahmundry. Things are more different here, there is quite a bit less people here, there are villages we travel to, barely any English is spoken and now I am a zone leader.  My mission did a 360 on me! 
Here in Raja my first day I flew in and we had a lesson 30 minutes after landing. I didn't even get to unpack because we had to go meet a new investigator a member referred to us.  Her name is Swarthi and she is already getting baptized this Sunday! Positives! The church building is crazy nice here! but a negative is the food is even less than what I was use to.  I only eat Rice. Rice every meal of the day gets... difficult. 

This week we traveled to a village called Turedu while traveling there we caught a 3wheeler auto. There was no room inside so we had to hang off the back. We taught a lesson to a family but had to split a little early because of a storm approaching. We quickly got out of there but had no luck getting an auto. We had to hitch-hike and get a ride on a Lorey ( like a semi truck,  bigger than a bus ) We outran the storm but the storm killed the power for the night and part of the next day. It is really hard with no AC in a place with temperatures over 110 degrees each day.
I am loving Rajahmundry and the quiet natural side of India it shows. I am so happy to serve here.

 Love you all, God bless

Elder Erasmus







No comments:

Post a Comment