Monday, October 10, 2016

Alive in India

Hey Everyone!

India has been great so far! I have been doing a lot of registering work! At one point I was about to get deported lol! These last few weeks have been some of the craziest of my life. I have already seen some stuff I will never forget, good and bad. I've seen people with no legs begging, I've seen little girls with their hands burnt off begging me for money, I've seen dog fights in the streets, I've seen Hindu people and others cast witchcraft on me because I'm Christian and I've also seen some peoples lives changed from teaching them.

This week we got to go to a place called Charminar (the old City) this place is famous for its pearl shopping and one of the worlds oldest Muslim Mosques. We got to go inside and peruse around, its cool because that building is older than all of AMERICA!

We actually missed a lot of conference this last week. Their is a Deaf guy in our church and he was starting to have a nervous breakdown for reasons I'm unsure of.  He has some problems he is dealing with including Alcoholism...which he may have been using at the time.  We were bearing our testimonies and he started crying, I told him Christ will never leave him, that he knows all he is going through. It was a touching moment...and then snot began plummeting from his nostrils.  He kept wiping it away, messily, with his hands and wiping his tears away. After he was feeling better and extended his hand for me to shake it. (thats the thing, in India when people shake hands they like hold your hand for 20 senconds) And oh boy, there was a considerable amount of mucus on his right hand. I clenched my jaw and robotically just continued to say goodbye.

India is fun but there is some improvements I would personally make.... There isn't any toilet paper here, The cities have probably the worst draining I have ever seen which is really bad during Monsoon season because its literally a river in the street, and the level of poverty is bad.. Its actually a rule we are not allowed to give money to the poor here because it will actually cause problems for us. I have eaten more rice here than ever! and there is no such thing thing as silverware, its all just scooping it into your mouth with your right hand. 

There is lots more I can say about this place but I really am enjoying it so far! Everyone thinks White people are celebrities and so I'm constantly getting asked to take selfies with strangers. 













No comments:

Post a Comment