Wednesday, June 8, 2016

First P-Day

Dear Family,

Today is my P-day here at the MTC and so much has happened in the last few days. Mckenna was sick so she asked me to give her a blessing of comfort last night, although it was the first one I conducted I really felt good about it. Maybe its because for our Tuesday night devotional with Elder David A Bednar who came and spoke to us. The front row was reserved for mission presidents so me and Elder Jensen found spots where we could sit in the back. As the meeting was about to begin I guess some people did not show up and I was able to sweet talk one of the ushers into allowing us to sit on the front row. I was about 10-15 feet from an apostle of God!!! His talk went well and although it wasn't as good as his other devotional I watched on Sunday (MTC exclusive character of Christ) he really is a great speaker. I have found Zack quite a few times and taken some really good pictures but my problem is I don't know how to send them quite yet so once I figure that out You will have plenty. Your package really made my day and I loved the candies, keyword is "loved" haha. Keep sending your love and prayers as well as candy while I'm still in Utah jk. Elder Jensen has a girlfriend and he is from Lindon Utah so everyday he gets these massive packages of food, he has too much though so i eat quite a bit of it when he shares.

Me and Elder Shuman are trying to get along but it is very rough because Ryan doesn't like him but Elder Erasmus has to.  We Teach role play investigators and its trying for me because I feel as if I'm pulling the whole weight of the lesson. I have learned so much here though (probably more this week than in all my seminary in high school). I play basketball and volleyball everyday during exercise time and my competitiveness is still there haha. I like to think I'm good but there is Elder Childs in my district from Pleasant Grove Utah and he is committed to playing basketball at Weber state and he is 6,6 so he kinda shows us all up. I would like more skinny ties like the yellow one Aunt Jueneta gave me. I went to the temple today and did an endowment it was very spiritual for me. There are so many Beautiful sisters here it is very hard not to flirt so I just be really really nice haha. Today I spoke to a French girl at lunch, although the conversation is tough I guess I still got it with foreigners too.. just kidding. My district is great my zone is great everything is great. Can't wait to get to India but I have a feeling my visa will be delayed and I will end up state side but lets pray that doesn't happen. Also, a good thing to send would be one of my softer pillowcases aka my grey one I don't know why we decided to send Ryan with the worlds most uncomfortable sheets that keep me up all night but hey gives me time to think about you guys right? Also the axe pomade and a new messy look gel would be nice to have as I'm running low. I wish this was easier with a companion that I got along with but I'm trying to be good still. Honestly it's hard because I like to think I'm not an emotional guy and Elder Shuman cries at least 8 times a day about silly things like just singing hymns he will start or even while blessing the sacrament. I'm humbled a lot of the time but sometimes it just gets old. Keeping my head up though because P day has been fun and I'm excited to exercise more and do laundry tonight. Elder Jensen and Elder Tague are my favorite people in my district. Elder Tague graduated high school at 16 and has done 3 years of college and has an associates degree so you think he would be this really nerdy guy but honestly I have never met someone so funny and relateable. Missing you guys a lot I hope you all are well.
Love ya Elder Erasmus

No comments:

Post a Comment